INSIDE LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
Major infrastructural projects which have opened up the hub of ibeju-Lekki region for major Industrial and commercial activities include the following;
- Dangote Group’s Refinery and Petrochemical Park, which is planned to open in 2018, is located within the Lekki free trade zone. It will have the capacity to refine 650,000 barrels of crude oil on a daily basis. The refinery will generate 135,000 1direct jobs and 100,000 indirects jobs for the populace. Showing work-in-progress at dangote refinery and petrochemical site
- The $1.65 billion Lekki Deep Seaport, which is projected to be one of the most sophisticated In the world, and the area’s vast size will provide for warehouses storing millions of trade wares. Of course, the compliment of a nearby refinery will make the zone an important energy export hub as well. It will be the deepest seaport in sub-saharan Africa and is slated to commence operations in early 2019. The port according to plan will create over 162,000 jobs and help to facilitate decongestion at other Nigeria’s ports. Lekki Seaport in View
- New International Airport: The new international airport is a project of the Lagos state government and it is situated in Lekki area of Lagos state. “Lekki airport consortium is expected to gulp about $650 million (US Dollars).It is expected to begin operation with an initial capacity of 2million passangers per annum and exceeding 5million when fully operational .The proposed new airport in the eastern part of the peninsula will act as a great booster to the livelihood of the new city generating regional and international traffic, while opening up opportunities for new developments around it which usually occur.
Proposed Lekki Epe International Airport
Development and construction activities of the Lagos free trade zone are being undertaken by Lagos free trade zone company, a company wholly owned by the Tolaram Group. Nearby estates including Homegate, Holland park bayside will support this commercial growth through the delivery of housing units and service plots of land. More residential developments are expected in the region as the infrastructure projects outlined above move closer to completion. Vafriero international limited is hereby inviting prospective investors who understand and appreciate the premeditated tide of development sweeping across Lagos, those who value investments and are ready to make bountiful financial returns on their investments.
- New Pan African University
- La’Campagne Tropicana
- Fourth Mainland Bridge: There are great opportunities in the heart of Lagos. With these opportunities come an intense congestion; causing pressures that threaten to paralyze the city’s circulation, its growth and its people. To reduce this pressure, there is a propose operation-the 4th mainland bridge, there will be a proposed new heart to support the bridge. This ‘new bridge and new heart’ in the body of Lagos will not be typical infrastructure; they will connect people in large numbers and improve their natural flow through a reorganization of vehicular, waterways, and pedestrian modes of transportation.